Locker Protection Plan

Damage, theft, & loss coverage

All Renters are REQUIRED to confirm insurance for their boards before their rental period begins. The two options are either existing insurance or insurance purchased from SimplSurf. For the former, most Renters and homeowners insurance covers personal property, including surfboards, regardless of where they are located. This means a renter with standard renters insurance for their apartment will likely have their surfboard protected under that policy.

Renters may purchase protection from SimplSurf that covers board damage and/or theft during the rental period. The option to purchase protection is shown during the checkout process.

What is covered

Reporting damage or theft

All claims must be submitted within 24 hours of the end of the rental period by completing this form.

When you file a damage or theft claim, SimplSurf determines, in its sole discretion, whether your claim qualifies for coverage. SimplSurf’s original determination is considered final, but you may be able to file an appeal of the decision with SimplSurf if you have new or compelling information not available at the time of the original determination or you believe there was an error in the decision-making process.

Before a rental takes place, we require the Renter to accept our terms of service. Remember, our terms and conditions state that the Renter is liable for any damages, loss, or theft.

Surfboard ding repair cost/damage charge

Medium to large dings (4-6”) – $70

Large dings (6”+) – $90

Renter Protection Program

SimplSurf will not provide coverage under our Protection Program for damage that occurs during transportation as opposed to in storage. Examples include but are not limited to the surfboard being damaged while attached to a car rack, while being shipped or while being transported in a truck or van. In this event, the Renter will be responsible for any damages. Furthermore, SimplSurf will not provide coverage for damage caused by disassembly, modification, or installation of accessories or bags.

Need to file a claim?

Please file any damage, theft, or loss claims by filling out this form. If you have any further questions please contact us at